A visit to Thomas Pheasant’s office in Washington reveals his style and passions.
About Barbara Sallick
Register for Email Updates
I know about small kitchens. While mine is not “apartment size” tiny, it is definitely on the small side especially compared to many of … →
The word “backsplash” has become synonymous with renovating, remodeling or creating a new kitchen. It is part of the essential elements … →
Inspiration: Color in the Kitchen
The new or renovated all-white kitchen has become ubiquitous! I was recently on the jury for New York Cottages and Gardens design awards. It was diffi … →
To be remembered and cherished long after the party is over, these specialty gifts bring warmth and beauty to the kitchen. Handmade serving pieces, soft linen towels and richly scented soaps become wonderful reflections of your appreciation.
Waterworks Online Store
- Getting the Most Out of Your Small Kitchen:
1. Plan ahead. Before starting any meal, take out all ingredients and lay on counter.
2. Clean as you go or immediately after cooking.
3. Edit your utensils. Take out what you don’t need. Store it or throw it out.
4. Make it beautiful—a unifying color theme, great hardware, a colorful backsplash, and accessories to personalize.
5. Lastly, make sure your kitchen is a comfortable gathering space!
Send us your bath
Email us pictures of your bathroom. We love seeing people's designs